Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Redick charged with DWI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Redick charged with DWI

    J.J. Redick Arrested, Charged with DWI Eyewitness News
    (06/13/06 - DURHAM) - Eyewitness News has learned that former Duke men's basketball star, J.J. Redick was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday morning.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also on abc11tv.com:
    Send us news tips | Desktop Alert | ABC11 AccuWeather | Pinpoint Traffic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to the police report obtained by Eyewitness News, the arrest occurred at 1:03 a.m. in the 100-block of McQueen Drive in Durham.
    The police report indicates Redick made an illegal U-turn to avoid a license checkpoint.

    Redick bonded out of the Durham County Jail around 4 a.m. on a $1000 secured bond.

    Redick graduated from Duke University in May and is expected to be drafted into the NBA on June 28th.

    He is scheduled to appear in court in Durham on July 17th.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    Well I guess this will just go to prove that y'all on here were right when you said that he was overrated and couldn't play basketball. Maybe not but it doesn't make him look any smarter and I don't believe it will affect his draft status any eith the NBA now it will probably make his stock go up.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    he will be lucky to go in the first round

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    thug...he should never be allowed to play basketball again
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    duh vthokie the guys name is reddick not vick who espn.com reported yesturday was firing a rocket launcher into an orphanage.


    btw what did reddick blow on the breathalizer?

    (insert reddick blow joke)
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    It was reported that he blew a .11 and the limit here in NC is .08
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    Marcus??? Is that you.....???

    Has to be, because lord to goodness nobody in the world would constantly defend him, try to rationalize his mistakes with every reference to every other athlete who messes up unless it was him.

    Marcus made mistakes, yes some people were hard on him but everytime that another athlete does something, you sling him back up. Honestly I never despised Vick half-way as much as I do now that you try to compare every other athletes mistakes to his.

    I don't believe I'm alone in that thinking either.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't believe I'm alone in that thinking either.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Drew--you're a friend--but I'm co-signing on this one. Redick's a dumbarse for doing this, and you know I'm a big Duke basketball fan--and I've not really defended any off the field stuff than any Canes have done that have got them into trouble. There comes a time when you gotta let it go and realize that Vick got himself into most of those pickles, even if circumstances made it bigger than what it was, and that he did some wrong.

    That being said:

    MV2w guns
    VickHiding
    LethalIdiots
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    Should be penalized with the normal DUI standards, however if I was a NBA GM this wouldn't affect his draft position if I was the GM. DUI laws are way to strict however blowing .11 is pretty high so I'd say he was driving intoxicated above what he should be. Athletes are normal people, there have been reports of Redick with marijuana also he's a normal college student who is just living life like many college students do.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redick charged with DWI

    They go easy on you in nc. I got a DUI there once about three or four years ago. The punishment I got was: $200 in fines, 1 day in jail, and 60 days suspended license. That is a whole lot less than what you get in VA for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •